An intensive outpatient program is an intermediate level of care that serves as a bridge between inpatient rehab and living a recovery-focused lifestyle. Also known as IOPs, these programs offer several hours of therapy every day, 4-5 days a week. Unlike inpatient rehab, intensive outpatient programs do not require clients to stay at a treatment center 24/7, allowing them greater flexibility to continue working or studying in addition to having the comfort of living at home.
What Are The Benefits Of An Intensive Outpatient Program?
Intensive outpatient programs are fully customizable and meet you where you are. Whether you’ve just completed a residential program and would like a schedule of ongoing support with the same team of therapists and clinicians, or are seeking help and healing for the first time, an IOP will give you the tools you need to stay sober and move you forward on your path to sustainable wellbeing.
An IOP is also a good choice for early intervention with substance use or mental health disorders and can be an approachable first step for people who may not be ready for an inpatient program. Intensive outpatient programs focus on skill-building and self-regulation techniques that you can practice in real time each day when you return home to your family and friends.
How Does Outpatient Rehab Benefit Recovery?
- Get real-time feedback on present triggers at home & work
- Unpack unprocessed memories that are preventing optimal functioning
- Learn and practice a variety of different skills that can help with urges and cravings as well as emotional dysregulation
- loved ones learn to communicate, resolve conflict, and honor one another’s boundaries
- Build their support system
- Build their coping skills toolbox
- Create a long-term recovery program
- Implement healthy lifelong habits around nutrition, exercise & financial & occupational wellness
Outpatient Therapy Bridges The Gap Between Rehab and Daily Life
Addiction affects the whole family system and having a supportive environment during the transition back to work and family can help to become healthier and stop relapse triggers before they happen. Outpatient treatment provides an opportunity to integrate back into daily routines and supports healthy relationships. Patients can learn through bi-weekly Interpersonal Development Workshops. Clients can invite up to 3 loved ones to come and learn about:
- Why addicts can’t “just stop” (neuroscience behind addiction)
- What enabling is and healthy boundaries
- The benefits of talking about topics that have been avoided within the family unit
- Healthy communication & listening skills to help build a healthy connection
IOP At The Nestled In Las Vegas, Nevada
The Nestled Recovery Center is now offering a step-down level of care for those struggling with addiction and mental health. An intensive outpatient program (IOP) is geared toward individuals who do not need the 24/7 support that comes from detox or residential treatment. This program is intended for those who need to continue to work or tend to their families, yet need intensive support to stay sober.
How We Can Help
At Nestled Recovery, we have a unique, holistic approach to addiction treatment and long-term recovery from substance use disorders. You can expect to receive professional, trauma-informed care in our beautiful, state-of-the-art facility while learning how to incorporate mindfulness into your healing journey. Using the Eight Dimensions of Wellness, we consider the entire person: mind, body, and spirit, creating tailored treatment plans with a number of experiential therapies and psychotherapies to choose from, with sensitivity to each person’s unique background and circumstances. If you or a loved one are struggling with a substance use disorder, contact us today.