Marijuana Addiction Treatment in Las Vegas
Call Us to Recover in Our Oasis
Most people wouldn’t immediately think of marijuana when they think about drug addictions, despite the fact that it’s one of the most widely used drugs in the United States. However, studies show that people who begin using marijuana before the age of 18 are four to seven times more likely to develop an addiction, and according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, around 9 percent of people who use marijuana become addicted. Not only is marijuana addiction real, but it can negatively impact your health, relationships, and future like any other drug addiction, and it requires professional intervention. The Nestled Recovery Center offers individualized marijuana addiction treatment in Las Vegas for individuals who are ready to reclaim their lives.
At The Nestled Recovery Center, we believe in treating all aspects of health following the holistic model of wellness. Learn more about our programs by filling out our online form, or call (702) 299-6406.
How Marijuana Addiction Develops
Marijuana, also known by nicknames like pot, weed, grass, ganja, and bud, refers to the dried leaves, stems, and flowers that are produced by the cannabis plant. Cannabis contains a psychoactive chemical known as tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) that acts on your brain to produce feelings of pleasure, increased concentration, and more. Marijuana is most often used recreationally and typically smoked as a hand-rolled cigarette (joint), or in a pipe or water pipe (bong).
In addition to its high, common side effects associated with marijuana use include:
- Altered perceptions and mood
- Decreased (or increased) appetite
- Impaired coordination
- Difficulty with thinking and problem solving
Today, recreational marijuana use is legalized in countless states. Though marijuana has been shown to be helpful in treating certain medical conditions like nausea, seizures, and physical pain, its widespread accessibility also increases its potential for abuse.
A substance use disorder begins with dependence, which occurs when your brain adapts to the drugs in your system. When you use marijuana enough, your brain can get used to it being in your system and you may require more of it to get your desired high. Additionally, you may begin to experience withdrawal symptoms when you’re not using marijuana.
Signs of Marijuana Addiction
Marijuana addiction isn’t associated with the heavy risks of other drug addictions, like opioid addiction, which can easily lead to overdose and death. However, that doesn’t mean marijuana addiction can’t have negative side effects that impact your future. Knowing the signs of addiction is important so you can get the help you or your loved one needs.
Some common signs that you might have a problem with marijuana include:
- You’re experiencing withdrawal symptoms: People who are addicted to marijuana will experience withdrawal symptoms when they stop using it. If you experience symptoms like depression, sweating, tremors, chills, anxiety, or irritability after going a length of time without using marijuana, you might have an addiction.
- Your relationships have suffered: One of the tell-tale signs of addiction is self-isolation. If you find that you’re putting less effort into your relationships because of your marijuana abuse, this is a sign of addiction. You may also feel that you’re withdrawing from your relationships because of fear of judgment, or you might lie to your loved ones about your addiction.
- You’re unable to stop: People with addictions are unable to quit, even if they experience adverse effects and recognize it’s harmful to their well-being. Seeking professional help may be the solution for you if you find you can’t stop using marijuana.
- You lose interest in other activities: People with drug addictions tend to lose interest in the activities and hobbies they once enjoyed and may no longer be setting goals once their world begins to revolve around obtaining and using drugs. If your marijuana use is causing you to neglect your extracurriculars, you might have an addiction.
Get the Treatment You Deserve
Our oasis offers unique, individualized treatment programs for those suffering from all kinds of drug addictions, including marijuana addiction. We have a detoxification program to help individuals ease off their drug use, an inpatient rehab program, and even treatment for those with dual diagnoses. Many people with marijuana addictions also struggle with a mental disorder and as a result, they need both issues treated at once. When you call us for help, we can speak with you in-depth to create a treatment plan that addresses all of your needs.
Get the individualized care for your marijuana addiction that you deserve—call our Las Vegas treatment team today at (702) 299-6406.